Thursday, June 30, 2016

Early morning blues

Today is the day. Moving day. Again!

Hopefully, there will be only one more move in my future, and hopefully that will take place within the next 6 months or less. After what will be 2.5 years of bouncing around, living where I could at the mercy of other people, I think I'll appreciate that little apartment more than any place I've ever lived. A place that isn't somebody elses home, where I don't have to worry about making noise (or listening to their noise), or stepping on anybody's toes in some way, or sharing a bath in the public hallway, or wondering if it's OK to use the kitchen so I don't impede the owner's use of the kitchen, or any of the other things that arise under shared circumstances.

But there's a little wait, first, and I'm good with that. I think the new place/housemate will work out just fine and it'll be a good place to recoup, start eating healthy and exercising once again. And it all starts today.

So -- it's around 4:30am and I've been up since 3am. Before that, I slept in a few fits and starts for short periods of time. Fun! My 'landlady' and her honey were in the kitchen late last night for an hour or more, until around midnight. They were trying to be quiet, but I could still hear them. Opted against ear plugs because I hate them and because there was someone on the radio that I wanted to listen to if I was awake. Would have been just as happy to go to sleep and not hear any of it. So, hopefully some good sleep tonight and a safe drive to Napa tomorrow.

Now, that's also something I'm looking forward to! Not the drive  -- it's just long and boring -- but the week of peace and solitude (around the gardeners and plant waterers and pool maintenance people. I'll miss the housekeepers, who will be in tomorrow morning). Life is tough. She says with a grin.

The sky is beginning to lighten up and there's been a bright sliver of new moon rising in the east since I've been up. Still too early to really do anything -- not that I exactly feel like doing anything. The move isn't happening until 10am, so there's more than enough time for what little remains to be done. So here I sit. Still in 'hurry up and wait' mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment