Monday, August 24, 2015

It's gotta be Monday

You know it's Monday when the world is all topsy-turvy, right? Or maybe my brain is simply malfunctioning because it only had a tad over 2 hours sleep last night.

But, that's the bad news, and it could be worse. Yes, it's thrown my plans for the day right off the rails, but I can live with that. The good news is that sometime yesterday afternoon I began to emerge from the state of fatigue that's been with me for over a week. I had energy again. And that's probably the reason I didn't sleep, because after sleeping and chilling for over a week, the body was ready to rumble. I went to bed at 10, but after being wide awake for over an hour I gave it up and turned on the telly, just for something to do.

This happens to me from time to time, for no discernable reason. It's happened after long drives when I've arrived home late at night and am still pumped -- and I get that. What I don't get is why an ordinary day can result in this wide-awake night. Whatever. I have learned that the best remedy is not to fight it -- just go with it, watch a little telly, and that'll eventually put me to sleep. And it did, towards 2am.

And then of course my bladder wanted attention around 4:30, so I attended to that and thought I'd go right back to sleep. Sure, I would. I should know better. So, I'm up. Groggy, sleepy, scratchy eyes, but still with a little energy. I think driving to town and working out would not be a good idea -- not sure I'm safe to even make the drive. So I'll have to ease back into this exercise thing more gradually, I guess. Try to get some sleep in the afternoon.

Not sure what causes these times of fatigue. Have I simply worked the body too hard for its age and condition, or is it my thyroid auto-immune disease wreaking havoc? Or something else? No real way to know, but I'm always glad when they are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment