Saturday, March 28, 2015

I feel so at home here....

One of the things I missed most when I was living in Georgia was the wonderful local farmer's market. It's early in the season yet, so only a few of the vendors are out. In a few weeks, this block plus the side streets on either end of the block will be packed with vendors, selling the glorious bounty of Oregon.

Today, mostly greens and root veggies, winter stuff. But there was a mushroom vendor (harvested fresh in local forests), plants, and much more that I didn't really stop to visit. I can't even tell you how exciting it is to me to be back in the midst of this place. And I can't wait until the season officially opens.

In the meantime, I share with you some random shots of today's pickin's. Locally grown, harvested fresh, fully organic. Including delicious farm eggs.






No comments:

Post a Comment