Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Yes -- Again Today! Somedays I Just Can't Help It

I've got this love affair going with how the sun hits my stove on these winter afternoons, making me need to photograph whatever food happens to be there.  This is swiss chard fresh from the garden, tossed into the wok with lots of chopped fresh garlic, a little salt, and coconut oil.  Yum.

I saw this photo on a blog I discovered today, kissssing, and remembered once more why I've always said that if I could be reincarnated as any female from history, it would be Rita Hayworth.  She was not only beautiful, she had an incredible verve and joy about her.  I love this blog, by the way -- wonderful old photos, great quotes.

And speaking of such things -- have any of you been watching Jennifer Grey on Dancing With The Stars?  I'm sure not, for most of you.  She was 'Baby', dancing with Patrick Swayze in Dirty Dancing, also the daughter of Broadway star Joel Grey.  But none of that really matters.  She was 27 when she made Dirty Dancing.  Now she's 50 and if you go to the ABC site and watch her on Episode 9, you won't believe she's a bit older than 27 even now.  Amazing.  If I sound envious, it's because I am.  ABC has the world's worst video player, but she dances early in the show and it's worth the effort just to watch.

The kitten still loves her new toy and, in fact, walked over and scratched the hell out of it a few minutes ago then curled up in the curve for a little bath.  It's looking good, folks.  Her incision looks a little odd this afternoon -- but I think it's just that the stitches are coming out or fading away or whatever they do.  No sign of the thread any more, but a little pinkness around part of the incision that's made me uncomfortable enough to daub a little alcohol on it a couple of times.  Needless to say, she is not amused at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment