Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm Here! 2950 Miles Later!!

Actually, I've been here since Monday afternoon, but ATT just got my phone working this morning.  I can't tell you how frustrating it's been, without communication.  Plus, I couldn't leave here yesterday because the repair man was supposed to show up yesterday.

But - none of that matters.  I am here safe and sound and camping out in the house until my furniture arrives, which will hopefully be within a week or so.  I had word that it's loading in Oregon today.  And I love the house!

Don't you love the 'office'?  This is where the desk will be, eventually.  Gotta love those hardwood floors, however.

I can't hook the big computer up to the internet because of the issue that existed before I left.  Until I install whatever it is the thing wants me to install, it won't install anything else and I expect that includes the software for ATT.  So, I'm on the laptop. Thank goodness for the laptop!  I'll deal with Dell on the other one eventually.  At least it still plays DVDs, which the laptop doesn't.  Between the two of them, I should be OK for now.

My self-inflating air mattress in the living room, where the heater is.  The first night was a little dicey, but I kind of got the system going now and last night was quite comfortable.  That's all there is, in terms of furniture.  The kitchen, of course, is self-contained and complete so I can cook and eat.  Not that I've done much cooking, since I only have one iron skillet, a small saucepan and a tea kettle (left by the sellers).  But still.  There's coffee and tea and I am eating.

I am still really, really tired.  Yesterday was stressful.  I have lots to do now that I have a phone and email so will get to that soon.  It's really, really cold here!  I think it was 25 early this morning, wind chill in the teens.  I even saw a snowflake or two earlier while talking to the ATT man. The house is relatively cozy and seems draft-free for the most part.  I already feel at home here, very comfortable with that, if not physically.

I'll write more later.  There is lots about this house that I want to relay, but.....later.

No comments:

Post a Comment