Monday, February 1, 2010

Change, Change, Change

You know what they say about the best laid plans, don't you?  Sigh.

I got a call from the movers this morning asking if they could inventory and load most of my stuff this afternoon then get the rest in the morning.  It seemed silly to have them come back just to get the mattress and my desk, so I told them to just load it all AFTER being assured they'd be finished by 4pm.  I planned to drive a couple of hours south to Eureka after that.

Well -- 4pm came and went and there was much left to do.  I finally decided to just stay in a motel here in Brookings tonight, get an early start tomorrow morning.  I had a lot of extra work to do to get ready by 2pm rather than tomorrow morning, so I'm a bit pooped.  I finally got away around 6pm, am comfortably esconced in my favorite motel, the Wild Rivers Inn.  I have TV, wireless, a nice bed, coffee for morning, and a leftover beer.  I think I'll be just fine!

Tomorrow, I'll get to drive through Napa after all and see how far I get for the day, comfortably.  Afterwards, I'll follow the schedule but will have an easier day from NorCal to Palm Springs.

The car is packed to the brim, but everything is in it.  Since it's Brookings and crime is low, I left some things in the passenger compartment overnight but most nights I'll be bringing it all in, for safety.

OK, amigos.  Signing off for tonight.  Maybe some photos of Napa tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment