Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bluebirds of Happiness


I finally got a really good look at these guys.  They were hanging around my front yard so I went out the back door and used the zoom on max to get them in my muddy driveway.  They are bluebirds, no doubt!  Silly for such a thing to please me so much, but it does.  I put out a bit of commercial suet mix for them, but haven't seen them near it yet.  Judging from this photo, they may be more interested in water, or perhaps it's bugs in the mud that appeal to them.  Hard to tell.

However, a bluebird house has now become imperative, plus a bird bath and a bird feeder to attract the cardinals.  I finally saw one this morning as I was out walking, but not in my neighborhood.  They're fairly common, so it was only a matter of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment