Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Slow, Lazy, Happy Sunday

Guess this photo caught my eye because it's so cold and dreary in Eugene today. I watched these kids surfing for a long time last summer when I spent a week in Bucerias, Mexico. Send some of that warm sunshine up this way, please!

Something rather miraculous happened today. I finished -- FINISHED -- the Sunday New York Times crossword puzzle! Okay, so you're brainy and manage to solve it every week. Most weeks, I'm lucky if I can fill in more than 4 or 5 words, so this was rather a milestone for me. Amazing what getting rid of the staph and getting a little sleep can do for one's brain. I feel human again....happy, energetic, forward-looking. Normal. Enormously grateful.

Spoiled myself a little and drove (drove!) over to the Regal Cinema and saw "He's Just Not That Into You". I've been wanting to see it, but of course I've been sick, and I've never liked taking the bus out there because the bus schedules don't mesh well with the movie schedules. Did I mention how happy I am to have a car again? Anyway -- back to the movie. Certainly not a world-shaker, but then, I didn't expect it to be. I knew the premise -- doesn't every female know the premise, since the book came out a few years ago? I wanted lighthearted, something to laugh at -- and that's exactly what I got. So glad I went.

I don't seem to have accepted the car as mine yet -- haven't put the keys on my key chain, but keep them separate the way I've done with rentals these past two years. And when I think about it, I have no inclination to merge the two. Odd, for me. Maybe when I don't have to return it to Enterprise tomorrow morning I'll finally realize it's mine.

On to filling out paperwork for the apartment complex in Cedartown. A little Ben Webster and Oscar Peterson noodling softly in the background......

Life is good. Really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment