Sunday, March 8, 2009

Yummmmmm -- or, How I Spent Part of My Sunday

I saw this recipe on my favorite food blog, Orangette, a week or so ago and it was just irresistible. It's a Sweet Potato Pound Cake with a Buttermilk Glaze, and although I only had a tiny taste, it is divine even if the photo is a bit blurry. I think my camera just doesn't know what it is supposed to focus on out of all that, and I am too lazy to do it manually.

You're right -- certainly not diet food, but as usual with things of this sort my urge is to bake, not to eat. I'll take it to work tomorrow and offer it up to my unsuspecting and generally grateful co-workers. I work with software engineers -- lovely people, all, but they will eat anything.



Then there was dinner. Sweet tiny asparagus so tender all it needed was a few moments of steaming to warm it through but leave it crunchy and fresh.

The asparagus was good, but this was the star of the show! Pork Mojo -- I'm sorry I don't have a link to the recipe but it's been on my computer for years and I don't even know where I got it. First time I've tried it. Pork tenderloin marinated 24 hours in a mixture that includes orange and lime juices and peels, onion, garlic, oregano and some other stuff I've forgotten. Supposed to include fresh cilantro, but guess who overlooked that item on the shopping list yesterday. Seared, roasted briefly, meltingly tender and served with extra marinade. This was a keeper.

After all the exertions of the morning, not much sleep last night, I'm a pooped puppy who is not allowing myself a nap (rules of trying to cure insomnia). All that good food isn't going to help. Alas.

But, I'm very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment