Tuesday, March 24, 2009

On The Subject of Moving

Those of you who read this regularly -- thank you, thank you -- will have noticed that after weeks of anguish over the subject of leaving Oregon for Georgia, I've not mentioned it for awhile.

I'm a little less torn between Oregon and Georgia, so I suppose that's one reason I've been quiet on this subject. Another reason is that there are some rather mundane incidentals of life that need to be handled here in Oregon, before I can move.

Saving more money is at the top of that list, but I've begun an attempt to solve my long-standing insomnia issue at a local sleep center, plus after a routine session of teeth cleaning a couple of weeks ago I was left with searing pains in several teeth when they touch just about anything that isn't body temp. That's been a real downer, since I do enjoy food and beverages that are either warm or cold. I need to see both of these issues through before I can decide when to move -- plus, quit spending and start saving more!

There's also a much more personal reason that has the fullest capability of keeping me here in Oregon, but we won't go into that here. This option would require that I continue to work and continue to live in concrete, so you have to know it's a pretty damned important option. Not sure how likely it is to come to fruition, however, so Georgia is still part of my plans for the time being. Plan B, if you will. No matter what happens with this one, the above items will still need to be settled prior to any move.

So -- there's still a little angst and anguish, mostly because so many of my choices now rest in the hands of others -- the sleep doctor and that process, the dentist, the speed of growth in my bank account -- you get the picture. But, when I do have a decision and a time to move, you'll be the first to know, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment