Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Marine breezes to the rescue

Our cool marine air from the Pacific swept into town yesterday afternoon, cooled us off, and it was SO welcome. This morning when I set off on my usual long walk, it was about 60, which is divine walking weather.  It's still hot all week, but a damn sight better than the weekend.

Different story when I went out again after lunch. It was hotter out there than I realized, and I foolishly chose a route that didn't have a lot of shade. But, no problems other than some discomfort. I love walking along the river, and spotted these people relaxing on some rocks, kids playing in a shallow are [other side of the river].

This is almost directly behind my house, though there's no direct way to get there. An easy walk, though.  I got in over 11,000 steps today, with the two walks and some errands.


No comments:

Post a Comment