Thursday, June 17, 2021

Wild Iris Ridge Trail

Hi, Y'all.  Another beautiful day here in Eugene. Sunny, but not too hot. Yet.

My hiking buddy and I got an early start while it was still cool, and had a good hike at one of our favorite places, Wild Iris Ridge.  Neither of us was exactly full of pep, but we did it, and enjoyed it. I haven't slept well this week, after a Monday walk that ended up being 15,000 footsteps and really wore me out. I've rested a lot since then, but I'm still tired. Alas. 

From the parking lot looking  up the hill. The trail goes through the woods, not up the power lines, and while it isn't a huge hill, the trail is steady and steep in places.
 

From the top looking back down at the road. Somehow, it looks further away from up here!


Also from the top. The power lines are only a small portion of the surroundings up here. Mostly, there are rolling hills like this.


These woods are full of red-barked Madrone trees, especially beautiful when the sun hits them. They also have large white flower clusters earlier in the spring.


So, that was our hike. Got most of my 10,000 steps in up there, finished it off with a walk down the hall a few minutes ago. Now I may be headed for my second nap of the afternoon.

Keep smiling!




No comments:

Post a Comment