Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Mt. Pisgah -- to the top!

We've both found the idea of attempting to reach the top of Mt. Pisgah a little daunting. Nevertheless, we determined that we would attempt it today. It's a long, hard, slog, but we made it. Hallelujah! Two and a half hours, total up and down. 13,322 footsteps. We weren't trying for speed, merely to survive.

Views are great on the way up. The day was overcast, and cool, which was perfect for a hike like this and two little old gray-haired ladies.

 

Spencer's Butte, the other 'big mountain' in town, refused to lose its cloud cover until we were back near the parking lot when the sun broke through everywhere. Of the two, I think Spencer's is the toughest, or maybe I'm just in better shape than I was when we did it last year. That was a one-and-only trip for me, no desire to do it again, though we'll certainly do Mt. Pisgah again, trying a different trail that another hiker told us about today.

The good news is, I guess, that I feel great. Not tired or worn out, although happy to get some food in my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment