Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Finally!

So -- turned out to be an eventful day, although it started off rather normally.

Headed out on the bike -- first time in a few days because I  haven't been sleeping until last night. Same route as last time, 11.2 miles, and managed to cut a little over a minute off my time despite a strong headwind for the first 40 minutes or so, until I could change direction. Felt great to be out there, hope to do it again soon.

Then, this afternoon, the phone call I've been waiting to get for almost 3 years: there is an apartment available for me! Of course, there are background and credit checks to be done, but I don't expect any problems there. Once those are finished there'll be an interview, which should also go well. After all that, it'll be official. I should be able to move in early September sometime, which will be wonderful. I'll know more once it's official. My current, and very nice, roommate told me I didn't need to give her 30 days notice, she was happy for me and said I should just move as soon as the apartment is ready for me. She knew from the beginning, of course, that this would happen eventually. I just didn't expect it to happen this soon. The apartment is scheduled for a 'full renovation', including new counter tops, carpet, paint and possibly more. It'll be like moving into a brand new place.

Needless to say, I'm stoked, although the cautious side of me won't get too excited until I pass all the hoops and it's finalized. But it's certainly made a big change in my overall attitude.

So -- that's it. Time to celebrate, even if it's not official yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment