Sunday, July 31, 2016

Wild Fermentation

Granted it doesn't take much these days, but this is the most exciting news I've had for awhile. The bible of lovely fermented foods (pickles, kimchi, yogurt, kefir and more) has been revised and available for sale in mid-August.

I knew there was a reason I've resisted paying $25 for the original edition in local stores. And never say that my Twitter addiction doesn't pay off. The author is someone I follow, and he sent this around an hour ago from his publisher. Complete with a $10 discount for pre-order. Didn't take me long to place that order. Skid marks on the credit card.

Other than that -- a damned dull few days.  I haven't had much energy, or enough sleep. Whine. That doesn't lead to long bike rides. Perfect weather today -- door open all day, lots of breezes, not too hot. Would have been a great day for cycling, BUT we have plenty of those days ahead so not to worry. I'll be back out there when my body is ready. Whenever that is. Really need to find something to do with all the hours I'm not on the bike. Boredom leads to eating, and that leads to fat. Not good! My roommate encourages me to do my fermentation stuff or whatever I want in the kitchen, make myself at home, but so far, I'm not into it. Also waiting for some pickling cukes to hit the local farmer's market.

What else? Need to find something or it's going to be another long few months. Don't get me wrong, this is a lovely place to live. There's just not much to do here other than what TV I can get with an antenna. Is it any wonder I cling to Twitter for fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment