Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Toy , New Timeline

And yes, there is a cause and effect thing going on here. I ended up spending more on a car than I had intended to spend, thereby leaving my savings woefully meagre. I 'knew' what the end result would be, but 'knowing' isn't quite the same thing as seeing that wee balance left once the money was transferred. No regrets on the car -- but I am going to put off that already open-ended retirement date for awhile, to get that account boosted back into something more comfortable. Don't know how long -- a couple of months can make a lot of difference, so we'll see. Fortunately, I haven't given notice at work or with the apartment, so there should be no issues there.

The car is cool -- although I only drove it from the dealer in Cottage Grove to the parking lot at home, and left it. Haven't done any of the usual things I'd do with such a sweet new toy -- check out the owner's manual, learn how to work things, etc. I've had a nasty staph infection for the last couple of weeks, and combined with lack of sleep, my body is really struggling. The infection is finally healing, but unless I can sleep, getting my strength back is going to be a slow process. Naturally, I could have stayed in bed and slept this morning, on the day I really have to go to work. Stayed home yesterday and couldn't sleep at all. So much more I want to write, but it'll have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. I ended up spending more on a car than I had intended to spend...

    Remember it always costs more and takes longer...

    ReplyDelete