Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Georgia On My Mind

As the old saying goes, what a difference a day makes! I can't say today dawned totally bright and peaceful, but yes, by noon I had succeeded in letting go of all the turmoil of yesterday. Then, walking home from work all the tensions of the past weeks seemed to float away into nothingness. I love it when that happens -- except that, as it's done today, I'm generally left feeling drained and wanting nothing more than to sleep for several days. Don't think that will happen tonight!

Tomorrow I fly away home. I'm starting to be abuzz with excitement about the trip, trying to remember all the last-minute things I need to do, what I need to pack -- you know the drill. I have a 4:15 AM taxi reservation (yikes!). Not looking forward to that in particular, but since I'm generally wide awake long before that time, I might as well have something to do.

I really don't have all that many properties to see, and I'm not absolutely in love with any of them, but it is what it is and I'll take what I get. I think all of them are more than serviceable, if not as charming as the first little cottage I fell in love with. I'm also going to scout out apartments, since this is probably the last opportunity to buy. Don't think I'll try buying something I haven't seen again, and I know I'm not going to make a second scouting trip. But hey, I get grits and biscuits for breakfast if I want it, and good southern food for other meals as well, so things could be worse.

On the brighter side -- the weather forecast calls for sunshine and near-70 degree weather for the weekend and I have five whole days away from work. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment