Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Love at First Drive

If the world doesn't collapse before tomorrow, this is my new ride. I'm in love! Sweetest, snazziest car I will ever have owned. Mind you, I've gone for the quick, nimble little two-seater sports car most of my life, and that was perfect for me at that time. My last car was an '83 Honda with shredded upholstery, a cracked windshield and multiple dents in the body. Cheap, reliable, worked for the time.

This is now. 2007 Corolla still under factory warranty, low miles, like new, power everything, wood trim. Nice. 6-CD changer (useful only for long trips). I didn't want to commit today -- wanted to give it some thought, although right away it fit, felt right. Tomorrow I'll seal the deal. Did I mention it was love at first sight? I didn't expect to find a car I'd really be excited about, so this is way cool.

At least it's the same color as the Ferrari! I do realize that all similarities stop there, however. And that's OK.

Sigh. Happy sigh. Life is good. On so many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment