Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Getting ready for the big event


No mystery about what this is. Eugene is just a tad south of the full totality path, so we should get most of it. Picked up my glasses today.

The best news is that I can watch it from my living room window if I want to, though there will be a group gathering outside in a good viewing spot, so I may go down there and have some company.

I have never seen an eclipse, as far as I remember. Partial moon eclipses, but never a sun eclipse, or if there was one, I wasn't close enough to really see anything, or remember it.

Hot weather is upon us -- 90 degree days, but cooler nights, of course. Thankfully, this apartment is easy to keep cool, as it faces east and misses the hot sun of the day. In this building there's a real trade-off for that, because we also face the street and get tons of street noise. Not sure which I'd really rather have, but I do like the east window.

No comments:

Post a Comment