Friday, May 13, 2016

Success!

Well, it looks as if I have found a new 'temporary home', which is a good thing. And not a bit too soon, as far as I'm concerned. I don't like the idea of homelessness looming over me in the least.

This one is in Springfield, which I have long resisted for various reasons, not the least of which is that I always get lost over there, and the traffic always seems awful. It also gets me out of reach of the wonderful Eugene public library, but only for a short while, hopefully. I won't need to prove my address again until August, and by then it should only be a short while until I get to move into my own apartment. What a blessed day that will be!

This is a huge apartment complex, made up of 2 and 3 bedroom townhouses placed like sardines but otherwise very nice. Parking is an issue, but since I mostly go out in the daytime while others are at work, I should have an advantage and be able to find a place nearby. It's a two level unit, as they all appear to be. Downstairs, ground level, has laundry, garage and master bedroom suite. Upstairs is a nice kitchen and two bedrooms, one with a lovely balcony of its own overlooking a forest of other backyards and balconies. No matter the view -- it's a place to go outside! Unfortunately, it's attached to the smaller of the two bedrooms so I can't decide which would work best for me. On the positive side, even if I'm in the other bedroom I'll be able to use the balcony because the second bedroom will be used for storage (another benefit for me, as I can also store my unused stuff in that room).

The tenant is a 'young' woman of around 48 who is on the groundskeeping staff. She and I appear to be a lot alike in some very interesting ways -- she's had jobs in many fields and took off traveling around the country by car a few years ago for almost 3 years, until the money ran out. A woman after my own heart! The location is easy to get to without getting into the dreaded traffic of other parts of Springfield, and it's near plenty of good food shopping, the DMV, a big Goodwill store, and lots more. The complex has a really nice gym, which appeals to me greatly.

So -- not sure when I'd move, hopefully around the 26th or 27th, if I decide to pony up the extra cash to move early and prorate the rent. Otherwise, on the 31st. I think it would be worth the extra money to remove myself from this place 6 days early!

No comments:

Post a Comment