Thursday, January 15, 2015

Non-guilty pleasures

Not the most photogenic food in the world -- browned kale! But, despite its looks they are crisp and a little salty and really yummy.

This is my second batch, and I think I'm quickly becoming addicted. For once in my life, however, the addiction is to a food that is utterly healthy, that I can eat all I want of without guilt.

Nevertheless, I resist the urge to eat it all at once, merely because it's all I have for now.

Easy to make -- takes a little time to wash and dry the greens (would probably take less time if I had a salad spinner), but only a short time to bake into crispy morsels. Still, trips to the market are required, and I don't do that too often.

Dreary day here and I slept very little last night, so I opted against the gym. I don't feel guilty about that, either, as I had a good workout yesterday and giving the old muscles more recoup time is always a good idea.

Time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment