Friday, September 26, 2014

I did say it would be a tight fit....

....and it is, but it'll work. Imperfect, but then, nothing is perfect. I can already see me falling out of that high bed -- been a long time, if ever, that I've slept on one that high.


Fortunately, the bed is on wheels, so it can be shoved aside and 'parked' as needed. I knew the chair would need to fit sideways like this, too. But I wanted it!


My landlady thinks it's naugahyde, rather than leather, and she may be right. Naturally, this was after I'd cleaned it with a leather cleaner. Didn't seem to hurt anything, and at least it's good and clean. I actually haven't sat in it yet -- after cleaning it, then wrestling the box springs inside and putting the bed together, it was time to rest the back, and eat. But, I sat in it plenty at the store and was instantly sold on the comfort. I'm thinking that after lunch it'll be time to really rest the back, chill with some TV or something. I still need to watch a new show that debuted at 10pm last night -- past my bedtime. On the other hand, now that my day is free, maybe I'll walk to the store just for the heck of it.

The back still complains, although I think it's a bit better. I was very careful with the cleaning/moving process, but walking to the store may be asking too much of it, and I sure don't want to do that.

It's a beautiful, sunny day here, after a couple of days of real Oregon rain and cooler temps. It felt good, but it's always good to see the sun emerge, too. I much prefer easing into winter, rather than having it happen overnight.

Off to read or something in the new chair -- after lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment