Monday, September 29, 2014

Fresh air

Can you believe that the weather is very fall-like, cool, overcast with rain in the forecast and I actually like it? Must be something telling me that Eugene is indeed where I'm meant to be. I guess a part of me will always be drawn first to Sonoma/Napa Counties in California, but unless something changes drastically, living there in this lifetime is out of the question. Eugene is almost as pleasing, certainly pleasing enough, although I do have more friends down in that part of the world, and that's part of the draw.

In the meantime, I'm working on 'growing where I'm planted', part of which is getting this little cottage made into 'home'. I'm getting there. The bed and the chair were big additions -- in comfort! I still sit outside and read a good deal, and will probably do that some all winter unless it's freezing out there, but I also use the chair indoors and the bed is comfortable. It feels a bit odd to climb onto something that high that is jiggly (the air), but it certainly seems to have been good for my back, and I'm grateful for that.  Turns out, it's also pretty good for watching TV in the evenings, if I can stay awake.



Another new thing arrived on Friday, which has also proved to be a good purchase. This place was a dust and cobweb magnet -- you could see the dust floating through the air, lots of it, particularly when a ray of sun was coming in the skylight. That dust would settle in thick layers on all surfaces -- including tv and computer monitor. I swept the floor carefully every couple of days, dusted with a good 'magnetic' cloth regularly, but the dust still wafted thickly through the air. I started wondering if an indoor air filter would catch it. Then, serendipitously, one of those filters showed up on Woot! one morning and yes, there were claims that it would catch dust and dander, and the price was right, so I ordered it. After I plugged it in I turned on the ceiling fan to stir up more dust, and I am here to report that although I make efforts to stir up dust whenever I can, there is no more dust floating around the room! Very little dust is now accumulating on surfaces -- and that may get better as more is filtered out, dusted out. The thing works. It's a bit larger than I thought it would be, but that's ok.

What else is happening? Not so much. Walks to here and there every few days. Not a lot of energy -- don't know why. I always blame that on lack of sleep, because I rarely sleep well, but I really don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment