Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Later, people...

Remember when I said I wanted to try a buzz cut? Well, yesterday I had the gal at SuperCuts use her clipper to cut my hair back to one inch, and I am reminded of that old adage about being careful what you wish for. First of all, it's hard to believe it's actually one inch long, but whatever it is, it's short. Really short. No curl -- guess it's too short for that, too -- just lies flat against my head in a most unattractive way. Think Jamie Lee Curtis (great if you like that look, but it's really not me). I take comfort in knowing it will grow. I just hope it grows enough so that when I attend a charity event in the Napa Valley a little over 2 weeks from now, it'll look a bit more normal.

Other than that -- got the stitches out with no troubles. Am spending today doing lots of little last-minute things (took care of the garden issues this morning, other than some final watering of blueberries and tomato).

My ride comes at 6am tomorrow -- so I'll talk to you again in about 3 weeks.

2 comments: