Thursday, July 15, 2010

Morning Glory and Sweet Sassy


My morning glory vine has been blossoming for a few days now -- more and more each morning.  This is exactly what I envisioned when I sowed the seeds, and I do love it.


It's wild and unpredictable, kind of like me, I guess.


The buckwheat is sprouting, although not exactly evenly.  That's no doubt due to my method of covering the seeds, which clearly isn't a very good one.  I'll do better when I sow where the plastic is, if I ever decide just what to do there.  Somehow, I can't drum up much enthusiasm for the garden these days.


"Kitten" now has a name -- Sassy!  And a very fitting name it is, despite the sweetness shown here as she was napping in her favorite spot.  I hadn't been able to come up with a name I liked, so I just stopped trying and figured she'd name herself -- and she did.  Last night I was watching here walk into the house ahead of me and the thought came that she sure is a sassy little thing -- and it stuck.  She sasses me all the time.  She's understood what the word 'no' means for a couple of weeks now, but sometimes, like a defiant two-year-old human, she chooses not to obey.  It's clearly a choice -- I'll see her start to do something and say 'no', and she will stop for a moment, flick her ears and narrow her eyes in consternation, then do it anyway.  Other times, she'll choose to obey and turn away from what she's doing, but she will do it with lots of dirty looks and defiant sounds.  And when she plays with one of her tiny fuzzy mice, you'd think it was an African lioness strutting with a fresh kill.  Sassy, indeed.

I have opted against the bike this morning -- just don't feel up to it.  Not a lot of sleep, not a lot of energy.  Not quite sure what the day will bring, other than a trip for milk and, hopefully, eggs.  I heard a source for raw goat's milk and cow's milk on a local call-in radio show last week and wrote down the number.  I'd just been to Carlton Farms that day, but now that's gone and I need more.  Sure wish I knew how to solve the sleep issues -- the supplements I've been taking don't seem to help a lot.  Xanax helps, but I won't take that more than twice a week.  I've really become addicted to the Redwood Hill Farm Kefir, now that I've gotten used to it.  I add one of the flavored varieties to a morning smoothie with a peach and blueberries, and it's just wonderful.  I'm almost out, need to make another trip to Harry's for more.  Could do that today -- not sure when I'll have another chance until Tuesday.  Can I be without it for that long?

No comments:

Post a Comment