Saturday, March 13, 2021

Today is the first time in awhile that I haven't felt any need to do something specific, something generally unpleasant, other than a hike with a friend. That was nice.

Thursday I felt awful, but needed to return the camera to the store as that was the last date it was eligible for refund. I didn't want to go, didn't look forward to it at all, aside from not feeling well. I don't like returning things and always feel guilty. I returned it because I just wasn't thrilled with the quality of the photos I was getting from it, and there was no more time to experiment with it. Plus the lens didn't have enough zoom and I couldn't afford to buy a new one. I felt better immediately after leaving the store, which was a good sign.


Yesterday I had to return a few large 3-ring binders to Office Depot, which I also didn't look forward to because one of the clerks is rude and bossy. Naturally, she's the one who 'helped' me. But, I got the job done and then I may never enter that store again! I've been in the middle of a big genealogy project the last few weeks, as I might have mentioned. Got my three big binders shipped from Cedartown and then set about printing out new info sheets, and putting everything into plastic protector sheets, as I had before. And throwing out a lot of no-longer-needed stuff from the binders, and reorganizing, and expanding, etc. I bought a package of 200 of the protector sheets, and used many of the old ones as well, and there are only maybe 5 left. I'd planned to put these into large binders, and I did that, but then realized that they were heavy and unwieldy and hard to use, so I had to regroup. I've tested various sizes, have had to return others to OD, before settling on what worked. Ordered what I expected to be [and was] a better quality binder from a major company via Amazon and that arrived Thursday, definitely a better product. Hence returning all the remaining binders to OD and ordering 4 more from Amazon. Those will arrive tomorrow, but in the meantime I have 4 of them finished, and all I'll have to do tomorrow is transfer the stuff into the new ones and make labels.

Just having this [and the camera] behind me feels wonderful. But then after getting my laundry done early this morning, my day is totally free of any obligations to anyone. I think it's the first time this week, and I'm loving it.

Gonna head back to the comfy chair and continue reading now. Smiles all over.

No comments:

Post a Comment