Wednesday, March 10, 2021

 Still playing with the new camera, getting a feel for it. This morning, went for a hike in the fog, and this photo reminded me of many I took on foggy trails down on the southern Oregon Coast near Brookings. This hill, Skinner's Butte, is actually in downtown Eugene and has lots of hiking trails with plenty of steep uphills. I'm not actually in love with the focus [or lack thereof] in this shot, but I think that's more operator error than camera error. I just noticed I didn't have it set on fully automatic, and that might have made a difference.

On the other hand, took this one this morning, same trail, and focus is good, so go figure. At least, on my computer before uploading to Blogger the focus was good. Same with all of these, to some degree.












 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was in our garden area a few days back when it was sunny. Even manipulated and resized so I could crop it a bit, it has really sharp focus. I don't remember whether I used auto-focus or manual on this one, probably auto. I've learned that using manual focus, with my old eyes, doesn't work very well.


This one [above] from the ponds last Saturday.  Maybe I'm crazy, but I expected tighter/better focus on all of these photos. My old Nikons, simple cameras, did a much better job. But maybe there's more I need to learn yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment