Saturday, May 16, 2020

The day after.....

After two 20-mile rides within the span of six days, I think that overall I'm going to be better off not pushing that distance on my next ride. I feel fine, but was jazzed from the ride, didn't sleep well, and have been very tired and lazy all day today. Wiped out! Same thing happened after the previous ride. I should have turned around in Coburg, not gone for the extra 4 miles. That would have been sensible, and age-appropriate. But when have I been either?

Of course, this ride was much easier than the first, big hill notwithstanding. I'm just building my conditioning and strength and it may be that after these first two, I could easily do more. But I think I'm going to try an easier/shorter ride next time. Even two hours would probably be easier, as the first two were about 2 hrs 20 minutes each.

Whatever. I hate the term and need to be 'age appropriate'. It galls me, but reality bites, and needs to be faced. The good news is that aside from being tired, my body is strong, joints don't hurt, muscles feel fine. I've always had the need to push myself this way. Not just to push myself, but more a matter of impatience, wanting to get to the good part and skip the boring part.

This is all moot, in a way, since we're not forecast for another clear day until next Friday. I can get some good morning walks in here and there, probably, but no likely bike rides.

Be well, everybody. Stay safe. Personally, I'm walking around everywhere with a mask on and have some hand sanitizer in my car for use after being inside any kind of retail store. And I stay well away from people I encounter on the sidewalks when I walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment