Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The latest addition to my family...

This sweet young man is my new cousin, Asher, born April 7.  His grandpa sent me a preview of his newborn photos today.  This was my favorite of the bunch.  Can you see why?

I gotta tell you, when I started figuring out generations on him I suddenly felt really, really old.  His great-grandmother was my favorite cousin, a few years older than me, who grew up in the same house I did for my first 6 years.  My grandfather, who I knew and loved, is this child's great, great, great-grandfather.  Ken, who was born when I was almost a teenager and who I remember as a child, is his grandfather. See what I mean about feeling old?  Egads, where has the time gone.

Congrats to the parents and family -- names omitted because these are just preview photos and I don't want to make them too public before they have a chance to do so. But, I had to share something so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment