Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Kittens and Computers......

.....don't mix.  Now, I know that's not a newsflash, but I had a personal experience with this last week.  In preparation for going to the archives, I hauled out my laptop and plugged it in to charge, working with it at the same time.  The kitten kept wanting to play with the cord, I kept yelling at her and then suddenly the screen went blank!  The computer would not restart for a few minutes.  After a second effort with the same results the charger started making a weird noise so I did a quick Google search and found that the small cord is very sensitive, can be broken/damaged easily.  One person even reported that his cat had bitten it.  There is no cure for this other than a new charger.  I found one, ordered it, but of course it didn't arrive in time for my trip to Atlanta.  Turns out I didn't even use the laptop while I was there so it didn't matter.

This was a 'posed' photo this morning, using the old charger. The Brat was only too happy to take part and illustrate her technique.

Fortunately, the computer doesn't seem to have been damaged.  It charged right up with the new one (out of reach of The Brat).  I rarely use the thing, but when I want it, I need it charged.

We have rain here today, supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow but without sticking.  It's not all that cold (anything above freezing falls into that category nowadays) and isn't projected to be cold enough for travel issues.  We hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment