Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Moon Set


About 5:30 this morning I picked up a wild hair to go chase the moon setting over the ocean.  I really didn't have to go very far, of course -- although the angle of the moon to the shore was a bit awkward and the scene changed completely after a few short moments.  It's not a prize-winner of a photo, but it served the purpose.  That bright light on the horizon is actually a boat not all that far away.  Crab season began  yesterday, and my understanding is that these guys are out all night, come back in at dawn with their catch.  There were plenty more outside camera range.

It's yet another gorgeous day here -- hard to believe it's actually December, with this weather.  Eugene was a too-cool 25 degrees this morning -- and it was around 40 here.  I did a lot of walking yesterday, have done my morning weight workout, and I'm a tad pooped, so I don't think I'll do a major outing today.  Still need my 10,000 footsteps, think I'll probably walk to the library later.

No comments:

Post a Comment