Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Lovely Birthday!


I admit it -- as a 'Christmas' baby, I enjoy having my birthday remembered, and enjoy celebrating that day far more than I enjoy Christmas.  Some years I can get really depressed if I spend the day alone, or if nobody remembers. 

I think I've had more birthday cards this year than in total over the last 5 years.  They are coming out of the woodwork from fellow residents in this building, and one of my neighbors took me to lunch today to celebrate. Plus, my best buddy from Eugene called this morning to wish me a happy birthday and chat for awhile PLUS I just came downstairs from another stint on the treadmill and found these lovely flowers from him. I wouldn't have been much more surprised to see him standing on my doorstep. And you wonder why I'm going to miss him so much!

So, I'm a happy camper.

No progress on the house, that I know of.  It's a bad time of year to make anything happen!  There will still be time, so I'm not worried.  Just playing the waiting game, and working out as much as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment