Sunday, November 29, 2009

Zoom Zoom


Went for a lovely drive and photo session with a neighbor today -- mostly reported on the Southern Oregon Coast blog.  We stopped at Pistol River to watch and photograph the sunset, which was colorful, but no clouds or other weather phenomena to make it spectacular.  I spotted this little arch in a big rock offshore and zoomed in on it -- the sun was shining almost directly through it.  Fun.


Full zoom on this one -- the sun way, way off on the horizon with a little reflection beneath.



As we left the sunset and turned around, this met us to the east. I couldn't resist, since I was in a zoom state of mind.  Hand held, and none too steadily at that, so it's not as tight a focus as I'd like, but that's my fault, not the camera's fault.

Lovely afternoon -- even if we never found the secret sea caves we were looking for.

And, as an amusing side note -- I've taken to wearing my odometer (better known as a pedometer) again in an effort to fight the quickly-encroaching middle age spread.  I began the day with 20 minutes on the treadmill, then when my friend suggested the drive I decided we probably wouldn't be doing much walking, so I walked to the library (clear at the other end of town) and by the time I arrived back home I had over 11,000 so I was set for the day.  Well -- his knee has healed since our last outing so we did a bit of walking after all.  I ended the day with 18,014 footsteps, a record for me when I've been wearing the thing.  I'm happy to report that I'm no worse for the wear, so tomorrow, we begin again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment