Friday, November 6, 2009

Home Sweet Home?


I've been really quiet about this because I didn't want to jinx anything, but today I am making an offer on this little house in Cedartown. My realtor checked with the seller's daughter and she's sure her mother will accept the offer we outlined to them.  The bank has pre-qualified me. Now, it's just a matter of getting the paperwork to me and me getting it back to Georgia.  The place isn't fancy -- just a small older house -- but it's located right downtown Cedartown where I can walk everywhere PLUS the Silver Comet Trail is just a couple of blocks away.  The place is in immaculate condition inside and out, all appliances remain including washer and dryer, and all closing costs will be paid by the seller.  The Rural Development Loan is a no-down-payment loan, so the estimate is that I'll have to pay $45 at closing, plus my inspector, and that's it.  Not half bad for a poor person!

I love that big screened porch, will keep the swing if possible.  The lot is a little over 1/4 acre, level and not shaded except at the rear property line.  Lots of room for gardens and fruit trees and all kinds of good stuff.  A few laying hens, if the city allows that.  Most do, but I don't know for sure about this one.  The payment is really low -- much less than I would pay for rent anywhere that would be habitable.


It's just 4 rooms -- but all except the kitchen have this beautiful hardwood floor.  I love that big gas heater, too -- that thing will put out lots of heat for low cost.  Unfortunately, it's in front of the fireplace, but the fireplace might not be usable anyway PLUS there is also a fireplace in the front bedroom.


I like this big country kitchen, hope to be able to keep the table and chairs.  Will try to buy them at any rate.  I don't love that the washer and dryer are in here, but I can certainly live with it.  I'll switch out the electric range for a gas one at some point.  The door on the left is for a really large walk-in pantry, which is super.  Next to that is a back entrance.

Not fancy, but it has everything I need, and that's all I can ask.  Now I play the waiting game. And I'll probably end up moving sooner than February, alas.

No comments:

Post a Comment