Friday, April 17, 2020

Busy day....

Not as good a photo as I thought it was when I snapped it, but sadly it's all gone now, so I can't get a do-over.

Today's lunch, something new for me: stuffed portabella mushroom. Mexican flavors, hot sauce dripping onto the plate. And lots of fresh asparagus, which I eat every spring until they no longer appeal to me. Haven't reached that point yet, this year.

I guess that's my day's excitement, though not really. I took a very early morning walk for about 48 minutes, and another, shorter, walk after lunch.

I'm in the middle of my first Zoom meeting, which is an ongoing Buddhist retreat taught by my dearest monastic friend.  I'll enjoy the teaching, and hopefully learn something, but the best part may be seeing her, and hearing her voice. All very soothing for me. Two sessions already today, one more session this evening, then do it again tomorrow.

I'm pretty tired. Have had a week of heavy-duty walking/hiking/cycling and right now, all I want is a nap! Hope I manage to sleep well tonight so I'll be fresh for tomorrow's sessions. And maybe I won't walk so much tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment