Thursday, May 3, 2018

Quiet walks on sunny days


Not far from where I live is a lovely 'private' path that cuts through a greenbelt between two rows of very nice homes. Their backyards look out over this, as well as lots of ponds and fountains. It's supposedly for residents only, but we use it since we are residents of the general area, and I can't imagine anybody challenging someone for using it, as long as they weren't doing anything but walk the path. It's not a lengthy path, maybe a half mile, but it's really lovely and this was a fine morning to take advantage of it. Spring greenery and sunshine -- a lovely combination.


I walked along this path a couple of weeks ago without my camera and came upon a few geese with at least 2 dozen little balls of fluff following them around. Hatchlings, before they start to grow and become a bit gangly, as these are. They scurried away from me and into a nearby pond, and I could have killed for my camera! Then the sunshine was replaced by clouds and fog for awhile, so I didn't get back over there until today.


No comments:

Post a Comment