Sunday, April 1, 2018

Time out

She doesn't know it, but she's been given a reprieve from wearing the dreaded halter and traveling many hours in the car.

I decided to leave her here, with the neighbor across the hall (a cat lover) coming in to feed and play with her. I doubt she'll even miss me.

She was sick for a month or so and during that time came to refuse food she'd been happily eating for a long time. I think she somehow associated the smell of that food with illness. She often tossed it up after eating, though the problem wasn't with the food. But, she didn't know that and instinct probably took over. Now, she's gotten really fussy. I bought new brands and flavors of canned food. Open them up, she loves them for a day or so, then acts like it's poison. This is pricey cat food, and I'm about to just let her have a diet of all dry food. Tired of wasting money and effort.

She also just had her first 'time out' this morning, and it seems to have worked. She was having a hissy-fit for an hour or so after I gave her food she sniffed and didn't want. Doing things she knows are off-limits. Showing me who's boss. So I put her into her carrier for 5 minutes or so. First she was quiet, then she rattled the door trying to make it open. When she got quiet again, I let her out and she immediately followed me, seemed contrite, then hopped up on the bed for her usual morning nap.

Since today is Easter Sunday, and I'm a Buddhist, it seems appropriate to post a link to a BBC documentary entitled Jesus was a Buddhist. The evidence seems pretty convincing, really. But if it's not your thing, that's OK too. We each have to follow our own truth and conscience and I make no judgment about paths others walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment