Thursday, February 15, 2018

Quiet morning at the ponds

The ponds can be especially beautiful in early mornings, any season. This is a photo from fall -- last year? Year before? Doesn't matter. It's timeless.

I didn't make it out quite this early today, but early enough that it was quiet, other than the geese flying around and honking. Many signs of spring out there. I hadn't planned a walk today -- the body is whining a bit because I've really pushed the yoga and stretches for a couple of weeks -- but a gentle stroll in nature is always a good thing. Plus, the day dawned without rain and the cold sunshine beckoned. There will be rain later, no doubt. It's that time of year.

Life goes well here. I still have some asthma brought on by exercise, after the bout of bronchitis, or whatever it was. It's getting better, though, and doesn't stop me from walking. Merely slows me down. I go years, decades without this making its presence known in my life, but it's always there, lurking, waiting for something to trigger it. But it also always goes away and I expect it'll do that this time as well. Just a matter of when.


2 comments:

  1. what a stunning, lovely shot. Doesnt matter when, it's timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Those ponds are great subject matter. They make it easy.

    ReplyDelete