Thursday, December 6, 2012

She lives!

My goodness. I just dragged my sorry ass, tired body to Rome to the Urgent Care center and had to wait about an hour and a half, then got sent to xray, then back to the doc. Temp of 101+, but no signs of pneumonia. By the time I got back home and got the prescription filled, a grand total of 4 hours had elapsed. That's not good for somebody whose body is already drained from illness.

The cayenne seemed to live up to its reputation as a natural expectorant -- I started taking it Tuesday night when the congestion first hit my bronchials, and stuff was coming up yesterday. That's pretty fast. I mix it with honey, or in chicken stock, so it's not too unpleasant. Fortunately I have a high tolerance for pepper heat.

I felt so bad last night that before I went to bed I sent an email to my cousin in Rockmart, asking him to call me this morning to see if I was alive. I have a real fear of going to sleep while this stuff is rampaging through my body, and never waking up. It would take days -- maybe weeks -- for anybody to miss me. Probably the smell would reach the neighbors. Such a nice thought.  But, it helped me to rest better and I sent Kenny another email first thing this morning telling him I was alive and kicking.

So, as you can see I'm still whining. I don't make a good patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment