Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Chocolate makes everything bettr

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh! I'm sick, and I hate to be sick! Whether it's a cold or the flu I don't know -- but some chest congestion popped up last night before I went to bed and the lungs are still not happy. But then, they haven't been truly happy since the time I had scarlet fever when I was six years old.  I seriously believe that in the end, I'll die from bronchitis or pneumonia, not from any disease. Sometimes, when it gets really bad, I almost beg to just die and get it over with, but so far, that hasn't happened. Obviously.

So I feel awful, my chest hurts, breathing is not easy, blah, blah, blah. The host and hostess for our meditation on Sunday were both sick -- he had a cold, she ended up with viral bronchitis the following day, so it's possible that I picked up their bug, but on the other hand, it sure got me fast if that's what it was. I had a temp this morning, but Advil seems to have taken care of that. The house is steamy from more chicken broth on the stove. Good old smelly Vicks on the chest. Staying warm -- and grateful the weather is warm so the house isn't freezing.

I've been forcing fluids all day -- chicken stock with garlic, peppers and such. Lots of water. Herbal tea, no real solid food other than a luscious chocolate cake I baked just because I felt sorry for myself. A small one. Lots of TV. One thing I learned through countless asthmatic bronchitis attacks as a child, teen and adult is that lying down just doesn't cut it.  And of course, my body just wants to lie down and rest. Thank goodness I had enough stuff in the house to eat today so going to the store wasn't a necessity. Not that I've wanted to eat much anyway, but I do believe that nutrition helps a body fight whatever is attacking it, so I try to put some healthy stuff down. Not counting the chocolate cake, although that certainly made me feel immeasurably better in the short term.

I gotta get well so I can head north -- but that's a week and a half away, so with any luck this thing will be gone by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment