Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Nature Photography Day

Did you know that June 15 is Nature Photography Day? I didn't, either, until yesterday.  The GATC is asking for photos from members taken today.

I did my best with what I had to work with, but since I had to go outside before 7am this morning to take a few in the dim light, it's not as good as I would have liked.  By the time I got home tonight -- even now -- the skies are dark and thunder is rumbling.

Another gorgeous pink/apricot poppy in my back yard.  They come in a whole range of colors, but this was the best of today's bunch.  I'd have liked better focus and resolution -- but before 7am with a hand-held camera, this was as good as I could manage. I do love the colors!




The real nature story around these parts this evening has been the hail storms, accompanied by thunder and lightning and wind and rain.  This was the second of two that swept through, and there may be more yet to come.  Tore big holes in my baby limas!


Couldn't stop the motion while that hail was -- well -- hailing down.   This was ugly stuff, and lots of it.  But, assuming my roof survived all is well and the garden has gotten a really good watering.

No comments:

Post a Comment