Friday, January 15, 2010

Yum Yum


I've been itching for some fish & chips at a funky little place in Port Orford, about an hour's drive north of here, for months now.  It was on my MUST DO BEFORE I LEAVE list.  We've been waiting for a sunny day, but since time is running out, we gave up and went today.  You can read the whole story on my Southern Oregon Coast blog if you're interested. 

I'll suffer for this -- my tummy resents all the fried food -- but oh, I must say it was worth it!  It's the best and I'm sated.



The weather started out dreary but calm.  By the time we left home around 10am, it was still dreary but really, really windy.  When we'd stop and get out of the car, looking for good photos of all the big waves, I could barely stand up.  Holding the camera still was really an issue, particularly since I was using the telephoto and that doesn't offer much leeway for movement.  Jack stood behind me at one time, blocking the wind so I could stand still.  I took several shots of this one rock being blasted by exploding waves, over and over.  Good show.  There are more photos, more story, on the other blog.  Right now, I'm kind of blogged out so if you want to know more, you know where to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment