Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nature's Show

One thing we can almost always count on around here is that after the storm comes high surf.  Not something you want to play in, but incredibly beautiful to watch.  After hearing a high surf advisory on NPR this morning, and watching the sun come out to play for awhile, I decided to go down to the Port of Brookings to have a look along with plenty of others. I felt as if I'd barely gotten started when my camera battery died.  Didn't I make some kind of resolution recently to recharge it after EVERY use, regardless of how little it had been used? Now I just need to follow that advice.  On the other hand, I was using it almost like a motor drive, one photo after another to capture what I could, and I ended up with 50 photos.  Still, I'd barely gotten started.

I like using the end of the breakwater for scale -- for more interest in general. 


Funny what color differences appear from the same location, depending upon whether I'm looking north or, as here, south.  It's just the way this camera deals with bright light, much of the time.  The gulls were everywhere, having a real hey-day with all this activity.

Now I wait patiently for the battery to recharge, and I may just go back and do it all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment