Friday, May 1, 2009

The First Day of the Rest of My Life.....

It really hasn't sunk in yet, totally. Still, there have been moments this morning when I reminded myself that the time didn't matter, that when and what I ate for breakfast didn't matter, and that I am free to do whatever I wish today. Each of those thoughts brought a smile to my face and I must say, it feels really good.

My bosses and coworkers gave me a lovely parting party yesterday. Piles of pizza, lots of good wishes. My boss (ex-boss!) is one of those people who has a rather phenomenal knack of choosing gifts that really fit the recipient, with lots of imagination used in the process. I am not one of those people, so I really appreciate her talent. Sometimes, it's a little scary to think how well she knows me. For example, this card is so appropriate -- she said it reminded her of my long ago bicycle trip through the Colorado Rockies. Perfect.


And then there was this lovely surprise gift, for taking to the beach, she said. A perfect self contained thermal wine carrier (including wine!) for two with an over-the-shoulder carrying strap. This is something I've always thought would be terrific to have -- for the beach or????? Now I just need a willing partner in crime to make good use of it. Any volunteers?


And then there was a fabulous and beautiful chocolate cake -- chocolate inside and outside with a bit of raspberry jelly and wonderful spring flowers cascading down the side. I think my penchant for chocolate is well-known, but how did she know that one of my very favorite combinations is chocolate with raspberries? No way!


So thank you, all of you. You know who you are. I'll miss you, but please understand when I say I'm really, really happy not to have to go to work today!

So, onward. Lots of errands today and not many days left to get everything done that needs to be done, but all will be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment