Friday, July 23, 2021

A New/Old Trail

Yesterday we returned to Blanton Ridge, a trail we hiked several months ago. I didn't like it at all, and didn't particularly want to return, but I knew my hiking buddy wanted to try it again, so I suggested it for this week's hike. Surprisingly, it was actually a rather nice hike.


This is an in-and-out hike with a 'big hill' in the middle of it, meaning you have to climb the darned thing twice. Plus it's narrow, tends to be a bit crowded, whine whine. Funny thing is, this time the 'big hill' wasn't so bad after all. We've hiked a lot of miles, a lot of hills, and one really big hill 3 times in the interim months, so we're just in that much better condition. I like the sounds of that.

As usual, we got an early start and the early morning light played fancifully all around us. Didn't make for spectacular photography, unfortunately, but was lovely to walk through. I expect we'll return here another day, though not just yet. 

I've said this often, but we are really lucky to have so many fine hiking trails in this city, and county.

No comments:

Post a Comment