Friday, June 8, 2018

The art of making a bed when the cat won't get off it!


When I moved, I made the bed up with 'summer weight' cotton sheets. I don't love them but would have lived with them, but I'd forgotten to put the mattress pad on and I kept feeling that I needed to do that. Or, maybe it was just an excuse to put the flannels back on, who knows!

The cat stayed on the bed through the entire process, moving as I needed to spread the sheets out. I knew she loved these soft, cotton-flannel sheets, but I don't think I knew how much she loves them until today. All of these photos are blurry, because she kept rolling over and over and nuzzling that soft flannel. She never sleeps on the sheets, but when I get up in the morning I tend to turn the covers back and expose where I'd been sleeping. We humans do sweat while we sleep, even if it's not obvious, and I like to let everything dry out for awhile in the mornings. And this is where the cat comes in, because she loves to sleep on that turned-back flannel sheet, atop two layers of puffy wool comforter.



There may come time when I need to switch to cooler sheets, but for now, Kat and I are both happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment