Friday, June 13, 2014

Beautiful blue flowers

The weather has turned downright HOT here, and that is in no way a complaint. Anyone who knows me at all knows that I'll take hot over cold A-N-Y day! Once the sun emerged from the lifting fog yesterday the heat was somewhat brutal -- and I loved it. Have spent a fair amount of time out there today, sittin' in the sun when I can. I'm a sunshine girl and I need my fix.

Other than that -- not a lot happening around here other than the usual. It should be quiet here until next Thursday or so, when people start arriving early for the work weekend. That doesn't count a trip to Home Depot in Windsor in the truck, with stops at WalMart and a grocery store along the way. The truck is in dire need of a new rear tire, and I laid down the law that it was unsafe to drive so we'll hopefully get safely as far as Guerneville and get a new one there.

But that is then and this is now. I've just had a shower, am about to head up the hill where I think I'll hit the sunshine once more and pick some wildflowers for the Buddha temple (aka the yurt). There are hundreds of them -- beautiful blue flowers -- and many of them will be in the path of a weed eater come Wednesday, and many more in the same path over the weekend. So I might as well get to them first, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment