Thursday, April 4, 2013

Could it be?

This kind of statement always makes me nervous, because saying it out loud often backfires. But -- I'm going to take the chance anyway.

Spring is finally upon us! Yes, we have rain and a cooler spell through tomorrow, but by Saturday and into the foreseeable future, warm temps and sunshine! Even now, nighttime temps are reasonable (anything above freezing meets that category at the moment).

We are so ready! It's been a cold few months down here in the south. The beautiful pink magnolias had their blossoms killed by cold, the dogwoods still haven't blossomed (although I saw a few with fat, yellowish buds that were starting to open a couple of days ago). No azaleas  yet. Those beautiful red and yellow tulips in my back yard have been out of the ground for awhile,  but no buds yet, much less blossoms.

Spring is just late down here. Everywhere. And that makes it all the more welcome when it finally arrives. I feel better just knowing it's right around the corner.  I'm also hoping for more personal reasons, as I have a little cabin for my retreat at Southern Dharma beginning next Saturday, and a tent for the one that begins on the 25th.  Those mountains are a lot colder than we are down here. I think the cabin is heated, but the tent sure won't be. And we all know what a wimp I am when it comes to cold. Warm up -- please!

Hope spring is springing where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment