Monday, February 11, 2013

"The Book" has arrived!

It's been about a year and a half, through the process of editing and proofreading, over and over again -- but finally, the long-awaited book by Sayalay Susila has arrived. This is an advance copy, sent to me by Sayalay. It won't be on Amazon for another 3 months or so, probably.



I've read every word in it, over and over again -- probably 10 times at least, maybe more. But that won't stop me from reading the 'real thing'. I have learned more about the Buddha's message through this process, and from the information in this book, than I can possibly describe. The Abidhamma is the details behind the sometimes cryptic suttas taught by the Buddha, particularly the details behind the satipatthana sutta, which is the basic discourse most widely followed by Theravadan Buddhists.

No comments:

Post a Comment