Friday, August 13, 2021

Sunsets and wildfire smoke

Here we go again. Poor air quality most of the day yesterday, from wildfires. Much of the smoke had thinned by sunset, but the haze nearer ground level still shows. The blue skies and wispy clouds were nice though. Plus, the temp reached 103, broke a record, and the fire alarm in our building went off in the afternoon and I had to evacuate. False alarm, fortunately. I bought some N95 masks a couple of days ago just for this purpose [also because the county is in a critical stage with Covid, and while I'm vaccinated, I don't want the damned virus even mildly. So it's gonna be N95 for me for awhile.

All that said, however, we have been lucky so far, with fires burning so close to us. The winds have been in our favor, which made me feel a bit guilty about people in other areas getting it. Windows are open again this early morning, air quality good, but if it gets worse, or hot [a given] they'll be closed again and the air filter machine going all day again.

Since I know everybody's dying to know, I finally named the new brat-cat. Buddy, 'cause he is my buddy even if he has a temper.

Stay safe out there, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment